One Caucasus Working Conference - Tbilisi, 24-25 March
>> For Sunday (26 March) One Cauasus Showcase Concert feat: Lifeline Choir of RCCG (Nigeria) x Gordela (Georgia) read here
Join us for the "Towards Participatory Development of Kvemo Kartli" One Caucasus Working Conference, where changemakers and community builders come together to search for innovative approaches to inclusive and sustainable development of the KvemoKartli region and explore its potential for a better future for the whole Caucasus. This dynamic event offers a platform for stakeholders from diverse backgrounds to share their expertise, collaborate on practical solutions, and foster a culture of mutual respect and understanding. Don't miss this opportunity to be part of a transformative movement towards a brighter future for Kvemo Kartli and beyond.
The conference will be organized in (of course) participant-oriented format - and will be accompanied by two evening events - international activists panel (Friday) and One Caucasus International Music Adventure Concert (Saturday). The conference will be also a launching event for a new Creative Europe co-funded Program - One Europe One Caucasus II.
Conference open for organizations, institutions and informal movements/groups! Limited number of seats.
Registration started. Don’t miss it!
When? Friday, 24th of March - Saturday, 25th of March
Where? IOTA Hotel Tbilisi
DAY I. Friday, 24th of March
11:00 INTRODUCTORY SESSION
Opening remarks from Kvemo Kartli/Marneuli, EU Delegation to Georgia, Creative Georgia, One Caucasus, other partners; One Caucasus story - presentation; introduction to work in groups
12:30 Coffee Break
13:00 WORK IN GROUPS - including lunch break at 14:30
- Participatory Architecture - how to support local communities (and local governments!) in creating their own public spaces - bringing the international talents and local creativity together, making local investments more accountable, strengthening the local identity and making community feel more comfortable and happy,
- New brand and new face of Kvemo-Kartli - Supporting sustainable and responsible community-oriented tourism development in Kvemo-Kartli through innovative concepts,
- Kvemo-Kartli as Creative Education Lab - from dozens of interdisciplinary workshops in multiethnic villages of the region to the laboratory of the first participatory budgets program in Caucasus - co-create coalition for the inclusive modern education that inspire world,
- One Caucasus Music and Art experience - join us in creating new concepts for this unique free-of-charge, change-making, interdisciplinary festival for its 10th edition (!) and years to come!
- One Caucasus in solidarity with Ukraine - there is no peace without respect for freedom, human life and human dignity, join us in co-creating practical actions of solidarity with Ukrainian refugees, artists and with Ukraine that fights also for your freedom.
- One Caucasus for All - with dozens of Armenian-Azerbaijani initiatives during 9 years of One Caucasus - we proved that another reality is possible, that peace can and will happen one day. Support the role of One Caucasus in creating smart and realistic alternatives to ongoing conflicts.
17:00 End of Day I
DAY II. Saturday, 25th of March
11:00 WORK IN GROUPS (continuation)
- Participatory Architecture
- New brand and new face of Kvemo-Kartli
- Kvemo-Kartli as Creative Education Lab
- One Caucasus Music and Art experience
- One Caucasus in solidarity with Ukraine
- One Caucasus for All
12:30 Coffee break
13:00 SUM UP SESSION - including lunch break at 14:30
Groups presentations and discussions
17:00 End of Day II
International Experts & Facilitators and Coordination Team
Sidiq Abdulmumeen (Nigeria) based in Tbilisi, Georgia. Director of One Caucasus NGO, cultural enthusiast, IT business specialist, humanitarian, and founder of “Catch Them Young” IT initiatives for African children.
Aysel Badalova (Azerbaijan) - Baku-based designer, artist, activist and manager. Member of the famous Baku Marionette Theater Team. Facilitator and Project Coordinator at Crisis Management Initiative (2010-2017). She studied at CSVPA Cambridge School of Visual & Performing Arts Studied at Azerbaijan State Art Academy.
|Sopiko Gokadze (Georgia) - Ecologist, Procurement specialist of the Ministry of Health. Deputy Director of "Library about Georgia". Member of Creative Alliance. "One Caucasus" conference coordinator.|
|Witek Hebanowski (Poland) - Warsaw-based sociologist, trainer, facilitator. Founder and president of the Other Space Foundation. Co-initiator and coordinator of the first editions of global human rights action “Write for Rights”. Cofounder and Program Director of One Caucasus Festival and Program. Initiator and coordinator of the first edition of the Program of Participatory Budgets in Georgia.|
|Syuzana Iskandaryan (Armenia) - Germany-based BA student currently in the last semester of Economics studies at Jacobs University Bremen. Financial consultant at KPMG accounting firm, former financial controller at Allianz Technology insurance and asset management company. She is a war refugee from 2020. Activist of One Caucasus since 2020. |
|Lude Reno (Martinique fr.) - Warsaw-based film educator, trainer and filmmaker - from a series of films about multicultural Warsaw, through training for trainers in Myanmar and Tunisia to the film workshops for young Chechens (Sintar Center). Former reporter for French television and Founder of the PoNadTo Foundation - an organization operating in the field of education through film. Leader of One Caucasus Creative Education Program.|
|Alexander Rusetsky (Georgia) conflict and peace process management specialist, mediator, facilitator, doctor of psychology, associate professor of Caucasus International University, member of Tskhum-Abkhazia Academy of Sciences, member of International Society of Political Psychology.|
|Natalia Skliarska (Ukraine) - Kyiv based culture manager. Founder of Ukrainian-Georgian friendship festival ‘Tbilisoba on Andryiyivsky’ (Kyiv, since 2012), producer of Kyiv Klezmer Fest (Kyiv, since 2018), event marketing specialist, lecturer of Maidan Open University platform, trainer. Co-founder of Social Capital NGO and Kids Creativity Museum.|
|Michał Szymanderski-Pastryk (Poland) Warsaw-based marketing specialist, and lawyer. Specialises in advertising targeting and branding strategies. Founder of the marketing agency. Worked with Amnesty International and the Other Space Foundation. Press officer for some of the largest Polish social initiatives related to independent judiciary and democracy.|
|Polina Vietrova (Ukraine) - Warsaw-based architect and facilitator. Lecturer of architecture at Life Sciences University in Warsaw (SGGW). Former main architect of Hadyach and Trostyanets (Ukraine) and small town activist. Coordinator of program Participatory Architecture [Architektura Uchasti] implemented in Sumska and Poltavska oblast. Coordinator of One Caucasus Participatory Architecture Program.|
Read more about the Story of One Caucasus